What is Solea?
- Solea is the first CO2 dental laser cleared by the FDA for all-Tissue dental procedures, meaning treating cavities as well oral surgery that involves gums and or bone.
- The Solea laser enables dentists to treat cavities without a drill or needle, taking the typical noise, vibration, numbness and pain out of dental visits.
- Solea allows dentists to do gum surgery without needles, stitches or post-operative discomfort.
How does it work?
- The laser vaporizes target tissue using light, without contact whether it is tooth, bone or gum.
Is the procedure really done without a needle? How?
- Yes, it is, there is rarely a need to inject a patient. Solea uses a wavelength of light delivered in thousands of pulses per second that provides an analgesic effect that takes away almost all of the sensation.
What types of procedures can you perform with Solea?
- I use it every day, for the majority of procedures, routine cavity fillings, removing old fillings, crowns and more complex surgeries.
What are the patient benefits of Solea?
- Most importantly it delivers an entirely new experience for my patients. Imagine a dentist visit with no needles, no numbness, not noise, no pain.
- Even the most fearful patients leave feeling relaxed and comfortable.
- I am still amazed at how dramatic the difference really is. There is literally no reason to be fearful of the dentist any more.
- In addition to the experience being so much better, visits are shorter because patients don’t have to spend time in the chair waiting to get numb.
- Because I work without anesthesia, I can do more work in a single appointment, which means fewer visits to my office, less time away from work for adults, less time away from school for kids.
- These lead to one of Solea’s greatest benefits: eliminating dread from dental visits.
Are there any other products like it in the market?
- Solea is the only laser of its type on the market today. There were other dental lasers before, but none of them can match the patient experience delivered by Solea.
How many dentists are using the technology?
- Even though it is new technology, there are already hundreds of dentists using Solea across the country.
If someone wants to learn more about Solea, how can they get more information?
- If patients want to learn more about Solea they can call my office or go to Ilovesolea.com to find a dentist near them that uses Solea.